Wednesday, August 1, 2018

I'm Thankful for You

Chuckle: We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Quote: "Love is not only something you feel. It's something you do." --David Wilkerson

"I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God" (Ephesians 1:16-17 NLT).
I feel the need to tell you who receive these daily e-mails that I never write them without praying for you and your family. We may not have met, personally, but we are connected by the Holy Spirit because of our faith in Jesus Christ. My heart stirs with thanksgiving that God has caused our lives to intersect in cyberspace, if not face to face. I sense your spiritual presence each day as we connect through our computer screens and I thank God for that relationship. I never stop thanking God for you.
From our passage, we see the most tender side of the apostle Paul. You can sense the deep and sincere feelings of love and compassion he has for the believers at Ephesus and all who will receive his letter. We should feel this way about all our brothers and sisters in Christ. As Christians, we are challenged to be mindful and thankful for those around us whether they be family, co-workers, classmates, neighbors, or just casual acquaintances. Those with whom we interact enrich our lives and give us a sense of belonging to a loving family -- God's family.
As you read this today’s message, I pray it gives you comfort from knowing someone is giving thanks for you, and for the lives that you touch in the name of Jesus each and every day. You are a treasure to those who know and love you as you are a treasure to your Lord. Hear Paul once more. "I can never stop thanking God for all the generous gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ" (1 Corinthians 1:4 NLT).
Not only am I thankful for you, but I'm even more thankful that you know Jesus and have received His precious gift of salvation. I'm thankful that He is working in your life right now as you bear witness of His amazing grace and indescribable love to those around you.
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the person reading this message and for the privilege you have given me to share your Word with him or her and for growing me spiritually in the process. Lord, give him or her a new appreciation for your love and may his or her love grow for you and for others. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home