Monday, March 12, 2018

Attitude Control

Chuckle: The Judge said to the defendant, "I thought I told you I never wanted to see you in here again." "Your Honor," the criminal replied, "that's what I tried to tell the police, but they wouldn't listen!"
Quote: “The control center of your life is your attitude.” --Unknown source

"Why am I discouraged? Why am I sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God" (Psalm 42:11 NLT).
Each morning when we rise, each of us has choices to make that will determine the kind of day we will have--the kind of attitude will we display as we interact with others. We can choose to be discouraged, pessimistic, grumpy, and down-in-the-mouth, or we can choose to rejoice in the Lord and expect a wonderful day in His presence. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24 NIV).
Making such choices may not always be easy, especially if you are suffering from a physical problem or facing a difficult and challenging day. But only you and I can make such choices. You may not always have control of your circumstances, but you always have complete control of your attitude. When we have trouble with our attitudes it's usually because we are thinking only of ourselves. "Woe is me" is a prevalent attitude of the pessimist because "it's all about me" and my problems.
The apostle Paul had this to say about our attitudes: "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5 NIV). Paul goes on to describe how Jesus humbled Himself and took on the very nature of a servant. If you are feeling sorry for yourself, try focusing your attention on the needs of others and what you can do to help. Happiness is somewhat like a butterfly. When you try to chase it down, it is very elusive, but when you go about your business with a healthy attitude, it will often light on your shoulder when you least expect it. With the right attitude, happiness will find you without your having to search for it.
Each morning, try praising God and focusing your attention on the One who can turn all your adverse circumstances around according to His will, or give you the strength and courage to see you through them. When you choose a positive and upbeat attitude, you will be ready to affect the kind of day you will have. Just meditate on our Lord and what He has done, and continues to do, for you and He will help you control your attitude.
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home