Monday, November 27, 2017

Uniquely You

Chuckle: "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." --Mark Twain
Good Quote: "Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant." --William Ward

"You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14 NIV).
Somewhere, I read an estimate that the chances of another person being exactly like you or me are one in trillions. However, if I understand the Scriptures, it is impossible for another person to be exactly like someone else. God created each of us as "one of a kind" and has described our uniqueness. God's hand was on you while you were being formed in your mother's womb and He had a plan for your life. "With your own eyes you saw my body being formed. Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do" (Psalm 139:16 CEV).
God saw us and knew us when we were embryos, and He has formed us and planned our days on this earth from the start. I cannot understand how some Christians can be OK with aborting, for the convenience of the mother, a life that God knows from the moment of conception. Each life is special and precious to the Creator who has a purpose and plan for that life.
Your personality traits and abilities that God has given you make you unique among all others. You may think God wasn't very careful when He made you because of your perceived flaws and weaknesses. However, your every characteristic contributes to your uniqueness and the perfection God sees in you. You are as valuable to God as any other human being on earth regardless of your appearance, social status, wealth, or personal skills. The Bible tells us there is no favoritism with God.
God loves your uniqueness in the same way you love each of your children even though each one is totally different and unique in his/her own way. Their uniqueness becomes more precious to you as they grow and develop. Today, I hope you will rejoice and celebrate because you have been so wonderfully and uniquely made by God Himself. In your rejoicing pledge to carry out the great plan God has for your life. He will strengthen your every weakness and make you strong in Him.
One of the most amazing aspects of God creating each of us is that He has given us the freedom to choose spiritual life in Christ or death without Him. Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6 NIV).
 
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home