Friday, July 14, 2017

Light That Directs Our Paths

Chuckle - A Child's Prayer: "Dear God, thank you for the baby brother. But what I prayed for was a puppy!" Joyce
Quote: "The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it." --William James

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for (that directs) my path . . . Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy (delight) of my heart. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end" (Psalm 119:105, 111-112 NIV).
Years ago, I took a tour deep inside a huge cavern. Lights had been strung along the ceiling to guide us and help us keep our footing along the potentially treacherous path. When we were at the deepest point of the cavern, the guide, after warning us, turned out all the lights! Until that moment, I never fully realized what total darkness really is and how scary and dangerous life can be without light.
Believers have a tremendous advantage over those who do not know Christ as Savior. Believers have a Light to guide and direct them, they know precisely where they are going in life, and they know how to get there. They have God to help them, and the Light of His Word to show them the way even in the darkest of times.
I remember once being lost, and I learned a valuable lesson that day. If you don't know where you are going, you are lost and in darkness. That is the spiritual condition of every unsaved person on earth. The Bible does not use the word unsaved to describe the condition of those without Christ; it uses the word "lost." Because of the Light of the world, Jesus Christ, Christians have found the way and are on their way home. The psalmist here points out three essential benefits of God's Word, the Bible. It directs us (vs.105-108), defends us (vs. 109-110), and delights us (vs. 111-112). The Bible is our greatest treasure on earth. lights our path and is our road map to heaven, our final destination.
"I believe the Bible is the best gift that God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book. I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go." --Attributed to Abraham Lincoln
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home