Friday, September 23, 2016

Jesus Is Always With Us

Chuckle: My wife said, "Whatcha doin today?" I said, "nothin." She said, "You did that yesterday." I said, "I know, but I wasn't finished!"
Quote: "The phrase, 'in Christ,' is a statement that describes our union with Christ. Perhaps this relationship can be illustrated by the air that is in us, and yet we are also in the air. So, too, is Christ in us and we in Him." --Unknown source

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20 MSG).
These comforting words from the lips of Jesus Himself have resounded in the ears and hearts of believers for almost 2000 years and provide the encouragement and strength we need to continue doing the Lord's work. The words are a part of Jesus' Great Commission to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19 NIV).
Since Jesus is no longer alive here on earth, how could He make such a statement of His never ending presence with us? To understand, we must go back to who God is. In Scripture, God describes Himself as one God who has chosen to reveal Himself to mankind in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
While Jesus was here on earth, He revealed His identity and His relationship with His Father. He performed many miraculous signs as evidence of His divine power and taught His followers about the Kingdom of God. As He was preparing to be crucified, He patiently revealed the answer to our question, "how can He remain with us after He left earth and returned to the Father?"
Jesus said, "It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you" (John 16:7 NIV). As God the Son, Jesus promised to send Himself in the form of His Holy Spirit who will "live with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you" (John 14:17-18 NIV). Jesus promised that His Spirit lives within us as believers, and His presence will never leave us.
God knows that you can become lonely and discouraged and sometimes feel as if no one cares. Even during the most stressful and difficult of times, you can claim this promise from the One in whose hands you have trusted your eternal soul. Remember, you are never alone. God is always there for you, and His Holy Spirit wants to give you joy, peace, comfort, and strength as you continue to serve Him. He loves you and will always be with you. . . ."God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5 NIV).
“I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the colour and fragrance of a flower – the light in my darkness, the voice in my silence.”  --Helen Keller
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home