Thursday, October 10, 2019

Christians Have Been Born Again (2)

Chuckle: After her first week of school, a little girl said to her mother, I'm wasting my time. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!"
Good Quote: “Salvation is the work of God for man; it is not the work of man for God.” --Lewis Sperry Chafer
CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN, Part 2
Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3:3 NIV).
Let's continue our study of Jesus' words: "You must be born again" (John 3:7). The first mark of a Christian is a genuine spiritual birth into God's kingdom/family. Unless you have met Jesus Christ in the sense that he has made you alive spiritually as your physical birth made you alive physically, the Bible says you are spiritually dead. It takes a miracle to impart spiritual life. "God made us alive even when we were dead in our transgressions, and raised us up with Christ" (Ephesians 2:4 NIV). God raised Jesus from physical death and the same Holy Spirit raises us from spiritual death.
"A little girl had poor eyesight from birth. After surgery to restore her sight, she went outside and looked up. She said, "what has happened to the sky?" Nothing, her parents said. "The moon and stars have always been there - you just couldn't see them."
After the new birth, being born again, you see things differently; the world, the Bible. We begin to see things as God sees them. So, once we become aware of our need to be born spiritually, how does God bring this new birth about? He does it by his grace and our faith. God always initiates spiritual birth and He started the whole process when, out of His love:
    1. He sent Jesus Christ to experience an agonizing death on a cruel cross as the ultimate atoning sacrifice for our sins. People have to learn the truth that Christ died to pay the penalty for their sins, and rose again on the third day to be their Savior and Lord.
    2. His Spirit convicts people of their sins and convinces them of their need to be born again. He makes me aware that I'm a sinner -- I need a Savior -- Christ died for me -- He wants to change me. I remember vividly the day I said "yes" to Jesus and asked him to come into my life to be my Savior and Lord. God initiates it. God produces it. God transforms our hearts when we, by simple repentance and faith, place our trust in Jesus Christ. Johnnie Cash tells the story of his spiritual birth.
"A few years ago, I was hooked on drugs. I dreaded to wake up in the morning. I had no peace or happiness in my life. Then one day in my helplessness I turned my life completely over to God. Now I can't wait to get up in the morning to study my Bible. Sometimes the words from Scripture just leap into my heart. This does not mean all my problems have been solved, or that I have reached any state of perfection. However, my life has been turned around. I have been born again."
Being born again is the most astounding, miraculous, and indispensable characteristic of a Christian. You cannot be a Christian without it.
Love, Jerry & Dotse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home